- Always wash your hands before cleaning!
- Shower Regularly and Avoid Baths
- Wash your piercing twice a day for 8 weeks.
- Use an unscented liquid anti-bacterial soap. Run your piercing under warm water for 3-5 minutes while using a minimal amount of approved soap and rinse. Dry off the area with a clean, one time use product.
- Use a gentle wound wash saline spray 1-2x per day to rinse/irrigate the piercing site. (NOT contact lens saline)
- For Individuals with sensitive skin, Please use a Sea Salt Soak ONLY instead of Soap and Water. Sea Salt- Mix 1-4 Teaspoon(s) of Sea Salt with 8 Oz. of warm distilled water. Or use Saline Spray (Neilmed) Submerge the piercing in the solution for 3-5 Minutes, 3 Times per day for 8 Weeks.
- Dry off the area. (Excess moisture may lead to complications)
- No bar soap or body wash. Do Not use any First Aid products such as Alcohol, Peroxide, or Neosporin.
- Do not touch your piercing unless your are cleaning it. No Dirty Hands!
- Do not cover/ or bandage your new piercing(s)
- Check your jewelry regularly to ensure everything is tightened/secure
- Don’t remove your jewelry without professional assistance until your piercing fully heals.
Healing Times and What to Expect
- Days 1-7: some minor bleeding, tenderness, bruising or swelling.
- Week 2-4: swelling may intensify, you will begin to see white yellow discharge
- Week 4-6: swelling will behind to subside & we suggest stopping in for a check-up around this time to see if any adjustments need to be made to your jewelry.
For Oral Piercings
- Use mouthwash after anything you eat, smoke, or drinks with exception of water for 4 Weeks. Make sure to rinse your mouth completely out once a cleaning with mouthwash is done.
- Avoid Pools, Hot Tubs or Submerged water of any kind for the first 6 Weeks. Submerging any piercing in dirty water is not advised.
- Remove wrap after one hour.
- Wash with antibacterial soap and warm water. Rinse with cool water. Pat excess and let air dry for 10 minutes.
- Apply a light coat of auqaphor or approved tattoo aftercare product.
- For 2-3 Days, Wash Tattoo as instructed above and apply Aquaphor/ or Approved Tattoo Aftercare product as needed.
- After 3-5 Days, Switch to an Non-Alcohol/Non-Fragrance Lotion. No Pools, Hot Tubs, or Submerged Water of Any Kind.
- Clean and dry the new tattoo and surrounding skin (lotions or ointments are not necessary).
- Cut the Saniderm tattoo aftercare bandage to allow at least 1 inch of Saniderm to be in contact with undamaged skin. More extra room is suggested in highly mobile areas.
- Peel off the paper backing to reveal the adhesive side.
- Gently apply the bandage using light pressure. For best results, ensure that the skin is in a neutral position.
- Remove the plastic backing, leaving only Saniderm on the skin.
- Wear the first bandage for 8-24 hours, depending on how much the tattoo weeps. Remove the first Saniderm bandage, clean and dry the area, and apply a second bandage.